Tunisia to Hold World Forum on Science and Democracy in March 23-25
By Khamis Bouhali
Morocco News Tribune
Agadir, Morocco |Tunisia is to hold the 3rd edition of the World Forum on Science and Democracy (FMSD) March 23-25 in Tunis, on the sidelines of the World Social Forum, March 26-30.
SDWF is an initiative which was launched in 2007 as an answer to the lack of political dialogue between scientific institutions and social actors on Science and Society issues at a global level.
The first edition of the WFSD was held in Belém (Brazil), in 2009. The 2nd edition took place in Dakar (Senegal) in 2011, during which it allowed people to go further into the dialogue to initiate networks, to identify common issues for advocacy and to define common agendas for involved actors and organizations.
Actors involved into the WFSD process propose to discuss the following topics) in Tunis from March 23rd to 25th, 2012. :
• Which university for the 21st century?
• Which training for better synergies between high level education and socio-economic actors?
• How to fight against unemployment of young graduates?
• Which campaigns against merging technologies (geo-engineering, synthetic biology …)?
• How to articulate responsibility of researchers with the support to their freedom of expression?